Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Live Music!

Hello again, music lovers. OK, OK, now sit back down and put away your beers. This is not the kind of music you heard in the clip below.

This is culture, dammit!

The day after that great Hackensaw Boys concert, We Here at the Comfy Chair were to play our big-ass clarinet solo/duet with the mighty and feared Blacksburg Community Band. The band's spring concert was Sunday, May 4.

My clarinetting partner Mary and I practiced, together and with the band, for many a month bringing this together. Here are the fruits of our labor.

By the way, speaking of fruits, some nice Lemonheads would go great with such a performance. Be sure to visit Ethel at the concession stand and buy a pack.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Wow!!! You guys rocked!! That was so cool - I'm very, very sad that I wasn't there to see you. My favorite was the second movement until I heard the last - very fun. That was 10 whole minutes - very long!! Impressive!! Thanks so much for posting!!!