Friday, April 4, 2008

Wind-Ups on Parade

Welcome back to the Comfy Chair Cinema. This week, for you - a veritable epic.

Yes, "Wind-Ups on Parade" comes in at a whopping 3 minutes 14 seconds. It's the "Berlin Alexanderplatz" of the Comfy Chair Cinema.

I'm happy this movie is over. Now all my wind-ups can go back to my desk at work. Sadly, however, I learned a cruel fact in the making of this movie. I've been way too kind in letting kids play with my work toys. My very favorite wind-up, the "Skittish Mechanical Thingie," has been wound too tight too many times by too many kids. He died in the making of this film.

So as you enjoy "Wind-Ups on Parade," say a prayer in sending "Skittish Mechanical Thingie" off to Toy Heaven.

4 comments:

stennie said...

Every week you top yourself! This is the greatest film I have ever seen, it's even better than Shaun of the Dead!

Krizzer had one of those Happy Tooth wind-up toys, it was like seeing an old friend again. Also of course the pengie made me break into spontaneous applause, as did the flipping tomato.

Lily said...

I was a fan of Mister Softee and the suitcase. They just seemed to be the most...personable.

thepete said...

Two words:

Flipping Tomato.

Scene stealer.

Completely hypnotizing.

So, Skittish Mechanical Thingie died during preproduction? With the build-up, I'd hoped to see him do *something.*

Seriously--that was really fun! ^_^

Can I just ask what is with Blogger's excessive captchas? I had to enter "zmphmyee" to post this comment and I'm logged in!! Sheesh!

Lily said...

Whoa -- check out the YouTube stats. You've had over 2,500 views. All the rest seem to be just us looking at them, but this is a cult classic!